Tashichho Dzong, first built in 1216 A.D, is where the throne room and office of the king is located. Tashichho Dzong was built by Lama Gyalwa Lhanangpa. Later it was renovated by King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. He also enlarged it. Situated in the Thimphu town, this dzong sits close to the Wang Chhu River bank.The beautiful lawns and gardens surrounding it increase its beauty many fold.